Domestic EPC

When is an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) required?

An EPC need to be available to potential buyers or tenants as soon as you start to market your property for sale or rent.

In April 2018 Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards came in to make it a legal requirement for all privately owned properties to have an EPC rating of at least an ‘E’ before they are sold or let. Legislation applies to both domestic and commercial properties except allowed exceptions.

Energy Performance Certificates-Home Rating Chart

What is Involved?

A Government accredited Energy Assessor needs to conduct an energy assessment at your property to produce an EPC certificate.

It is a legal requirement for an assessor to visit a domestic building to produce a domestic EPC. Assessor also needs to be have a government accreditation.

EPC surveyor will need access to...

Full details and requirements for an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate survey can be found on our blog page “Access Requirements for an EPC”

Our services

Request a call-back to get a free telephone MEES Consultation today!


Minimum Efficiency Standards Telephone Consulatation
Domestic EPC Up to 6 Bedrooms
Domestic EPC 7 to 8 Bedrooms
Commercial EPCs from
Floor Plans
MEES Site Visit